Wednesday 28 October 2015

My First Junior Park Run

Last Sunday I took part in my first junior parkrun, which is a 2km run for age 4-14 year olds at my local park. Parkrun do weekly runs for adults and juniors all over the world and I was so happy to find out the junior one was coming to my local park. I couldn't run in the first two as we already had plans but we managed to make it to the third. 


I do cross country every week at school and love running but have never done a timed race before, apart from the Race for Life with my Mum when I was 6


I ran with my friend the whole way, it was nice to have someone to run with. I found it really hard and couldn't breathe properly but it was good and I can't wait until this Sunday to do it again.

My time was 11 minutes and 9 seconds. I finished in 43rd place and was the 8th female out of a field of 98 parkrunners and I came 5th in my age category. 

I think I did pretty well but hope to do better this week :)


4 comments:

  1. You did so well Boo :) Be proud and keep running xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did better than pretty well I think that is an excellent time - well done. And only your first timed - I am sure you will go from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Boo! I featured you in my monthly article on Tots100:
    http://www.tots100.co.uk/2015/11/19/kids-that-blog-linky/

    - Lexie (11) | What Lexie Loves | www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, please leave me one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...